CATS-порталРасписание выставокКаталог породПитомники кошекПродажа котятГалереяЮморИнтернет-магазинОткрытки

Автор Сообщение

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 13:18 
Ответить с цитатой  
Эксперт

Есть ли темы по Синдрому Плоской Груди?

есть ли опытные веты, кто изучал вопрос теоретически?

Имею много статистики по ФСК, хот елось бы раскопать и причину...

Опыт лечения у новорожденных есть, хотелось бы узнать кто и как и с каким успехом имел опыт восстановления больных животных.

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 14:36 
Ответить с цитатой  
Фелинолог

Светлана, да, одна тема есть, вот.
СИНДРОМ ПЛОСКОЙ ГРУДИ
Кто выхаживал котенка с вдавленной (плоской) грудной клеткой?

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 15:04 
Ответить с цитатой  
Любитель

Да что-то негусто с темами о плоскогрудии Неужели никто не пытается вытягивать котят?

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 15:59 
Ответить с цитатой  
Эксперт

Информация, выложенная на Кетс-Форуме (кетс-форум.ру) наверное наиболее информативная из всех российских ресурсов... Там собрано все со всех иностранных статей все что было...

но что-то ничего не просветляется...

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 17:18 
Ответить с цитатой  
Любитель

Думаю, Донна не обидится, если я выложу здесь ее пост в бенгальском яху-листе по поводу FCK. Она сейчас серьезно занимается исследованием этого аспекта проявления FCK - возможно, у кого-то из наших есть подтверждения/опровержения ее теории, свой собственный опыт по этому вопросу. Если да, пишите - я ей переправлю, думаю, ей будет интересно.

---
The phenomenon of flat chested kittens is different from the condition of pectus excavatum. It is important that breeders recognize this and are able to distinguish the difference on examination. It is possible for a FCK to have pectus, but that is not the common presentation. Pectus is manifested as a dimple or divet in the sternum near the abdomen. It is much less common than flat chests. FCK's have a flattening of the entire rib cage producing a chest that at its worst is a semi-circle when viewed from the front. A definite change in direction is palpated along the rib cage at the costochondral junction.

I do not have any firm theories on pectus, but I suspect it is genetic. I have more experience with flat chests and more evidence to support my beliefs.

Kittens are not born with flat chests. It develops in neonates starting within the first few days of life and usually extending through the first few weeks of life. The degree of flattening may vary from a barely discernible flattening to a kitten who is flat enough to give a turtle appearance, forcing the kitten to lie only on its sternum. The more severe the flattening, the more labored the respiration is. It commonly is seen in varying degrees and for varying amounts of time within an entire litter of kittens. The outcome is usually unpredictable with some kittens surviving to round out and be indistinguishable from unaffected kittens. Kittens with extreme flattening are likely to succumb.

In the past, people have presented many theories, but we have lacked any evidence to support their theories. Mostly we are desperately seeking to understand what we can do to prevent it. I am going to present my theory and evidence to support it and allow you and others to draw your own conclusions.

If you are weighing neonates twice daily, you often find that a kitten plateaus in weight or even loses several grams before exhibiting a flat chest. Not all weight loss in kittens is from a flat chest, but in my experience it is the most common. The chest may palpate with a bend at the costochondral junction which varies in severity over a couple of days. It may subsequently disappear or it may get progressively worse. The kitten with an extreme flattening will labor to breath and will not nurse as much. He will start to chill out and lie away from the queen and other kittens. If the queen accidentally lies on him, he may be too weak to protest or crawl out from under her. The crisis period may last for several weeks. Most kittens who survive to 4 weeks of age will recover to be normal.

I have seen a flat chest in a 3 month old random bred kitten with a heart abnormality. I have seen an 11 year old cat who had a large amount of fluid in the thorax displaying a flat chest. I have seen it in puppies. A major shift in our thinking should be that a flat chest is not the PRIMARY issue. It is not the cause but is rather the effect of another disease process within the thoracic cavity. The flattening can be explained by the dynamics of respiration. Negative pressure is created by the diaphragm during inspiration to draw air into the lungs. The more difficult it is in draw in air and the more that interferes with the exchange of carbon dioxide for oxygen, the greater will be the effort to create this negative pressure. The weakest point in the skeletal structure of the thorax is the cartilage in each rib. With extreme negative pressure, the rib cage will collapse at its weakest point creating the flat chest that we recognize.

We need to consider what would cause a kitten to exert enough negative pressure to collapse the chest. Anything that that takes up space or blocks the interface between the inspired oxygen and the circulatory system will cause it as each inspiration will results in less than normal amounts of oxygen needed. The body is working harder to supply oxygen by deeper and more rapid respiration. I have aspirated bloody fluid from the thorax of living flat chested kittens. I have found the same free fluid in the chests of dead FCK's. I have cultured the lungs of FCK's for bacteria and had none. Several months ago, I ran PCR on the lungs of a dead kitten for common respiratory pathogens of cats and found herpes virus. BINGO! It is like one of those eureka moments. This exactly mirrors a known syndrome in dogs! It is caused by herpes and results in fetal deaths and deaths of neonatal puppies. How many of us have had queens who seemed to be carrying a large litter and then close to term seemed smaller and produced a small litter? How many of us had queens who pinked up at three weeks and then came back in heat not pregnant? How many of us have had litters with live kittens and feti arrested at different stages in gestation?

I am not saying that herpes is the only cause of flat chests, but I believe it is likely the most common. If it is a problem for dog breeders, then it should be a bigger problem for us. We surely have an extremely higher percentage of cats that carry herpes than dogs that do. The first thing I did after discovering this is to alter my vaccination protocol. I have long been a proponent of the Heska Intranasal Rhinotracheitis/Calici vaccine and have always given it to kittens as soon as their eyes opened. Once the Ultranasal version came out, we were warned to not put it in the eyes and indeed I have caused corneal ulcers with it in adults with active infections. The reason we used to wait until the eyes opened was to put it in the eyes. So this time, I put two drops on the nose of each kitten about 20 hours after they were born. In the past, kittens were already exposed before the early vaccination was given. They were infected in utero or directly from the mother in grooming. So I am also trying to vaccinate each queen a week before breeding. This experimental litter of six kittens (an unusually large litter for Burmese) thrived. It is probably the healthiest litter I have had in years. They are now 9 weeks old, and I have had no sneezing and minimal eye discharge. They carry excellent weight and condition and they are active and vigorous. You might wonder if the litter had any flat chests. I can report that 3 of them had a very minimal amount of flattening. It was that kind that you question yourself whether or not it is really there. These same three had a period of low weight gain, but now you cannot pick them out of the litter.

Only time will tell if this 24 hour vaccination will continue to have a positive effect. My next experimental litter is due in about 6 weeks. The queen was given the Heska IN Rhinotracheitis/Calici vaccine the week before breeding.

I have two additional comments to make. The first is that you should never use the Heska IN vaccine that contains panleukopenia except in non-pregnant adults. That virus can cause brain damage in unborn kittens and those 4 weeks and younger in age. Always use the BI-valent, not the tri-valent in kittens and pregnant queens. I don't even keep the tri-valent in my house in fear that I would accidentally use it in a young kitten. My second comment is that I implore breeders to send lung tissue from kittens that have died with flat chests to Antech through their veterinarians and ask for the FastPanel Feline PCR Respiratory Panel. We need a larger sample than I can provide to study this syndrome. No researcher is currently studying flat chests or exploring a possible relationship to herpes virus in cats. Dog breeders always have more money and more power to direct research than we do, so it is up to us to start the ball rolling.

For those who have read this post completely through, I appreciate your effort and attention. I also thank you for allowing me to be on this list to learn more about Bengals, a breed I had almost no knowledge until a few months ago. The more I learn about them, the more the old myths and lies die. Underneath their flashy coats, they are cats just like mine, and Bengal breeders face the same challenges that I do. I also find it refreshing that you are so supportive of each other, a situation that seems non-existent in most breeds I am familiar with.

Donna Stewart, DVM

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 фев, Ср, 2011, 17:58 
Ответить с цитатой  
Фелинолог

Сама не сталкивалась, тьфу-тьфу, но народ рассказывал, что успешно вылечивал котят применяя бандажи на грудную клетку + терапия.

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 03 фев, Чт, 2011, 14:22 
Ответить с цитатой  
Фелинолог

Обнаружила плоскую грудь у котенка, когда тому было 10 дней. Начато лечение (бандаж + терапия) с 14 дня. Были всякие моменты - и потеря веса, и вялость и пр. и др. и корсет для ребенка штука очень дискомфортная. После начала лечение, и ношения корсета стал расти быстрее, проблемных моментов поубавилось. В кризисные моменты кормила насильно из бутылочки, вливала норму.

Сейчас детенышу ровно 2 мес. Грудка совершенно нормальной формы (показывала коллегам-фелинологам, никто по строению костяка не понял, что было ФСК). Котенок веселый, активный, прекрасно растет и развивается. Ничем не отличается от однопометников.

Для меня, как одна из предполагаемых причин - гормональный сбой у матери.

А вообще, нужно выкроить часок времени, и полазить в ПабМеде моем любимом. Если где нибудь делали исследовательскую работу по этому вопросу, там хотя бы абстракты точно есть.

— А как же ты можешь разговаривать, если у тебя нет мозгов? — спросила Дороти.
— Не знаю, — ответило Чучело, — те, у кого нет мозгов, очень любят разговаривать. С

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 03 фев, Чт, 2011, 14:48 
Ответить с цитатой  
Фелинолог

Мнение американского заводчика очень пинтересно было прочитать, но с некоторыми моментами не согласна принципиально.

Цитата:
Several months ago, I ran PCR on the lungs of a dead kitten for common respiratory pathogens of cats and found herpes virus. BINGO! It is like one of those eureka moments.

В моем случае перед вязкой производители были проверены и герпесвирус,ттт, никогда в жизни ни у кого из моих не обнаруживался.
Для таких утверждений нужна а) статистика
б) при достоверной статистике (ну как минимум больше 100 случаев, а лучше 1000) изучение механизмов.

и потом
Цитата:
How many of us have had queens who seemed to be carrying a large litter and then close to term seemed smaller and produced a small litter? How many of us had queens who pinked up at three weeks and then came back in heat not pregnant? How many of us have had litters with live kittens and feti arrested at different stages in gestation?

Для нормального заводчика вот такое - это по любому повод для обследования кошки. Причем экстренного. А уж при сегодняшней диагностике вирусняков... Было бы слишком просто списать костные аномалии на вирусняки. И решение тоже бы лежало на поверхности.

Цитата:
If you are weighing neonates twice daily, you often find that a kitten plateaus in weight or even loses several grams before exhibiting a flat chest. Not all weight loss in kittens is from a flat chest, but in my experience it is the most common.

Тоже не полностью согласна. Она сама пишет, что ФСК развивается постепенно. Но ведь у котенка и кишечник тоже постепенно формируется окончательно. И это дает "ростовые" снижения прибавки веса на 10-14 день, 20-24 и пр. и др.. Не может ли тут быть такого момента, что уловив "ростовое" снижение набора веса она притягивает его к ФСК?

В общем, интересные мыслей она высказала, нужно подумать и покопаться в литературе.

— Не знаю, — ответило Чучело, — те, у кого нет мозгов, очень любят разговаривать. С

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 03 фев, Чт, 2011, 16:48 
Ответить с цитатой  
Любитель

Zhenya ,а сколько по времени котенок был в корсете с 10 дней и до...?

Профиль WWW  

СообщениеДобавлено: 03 фев, Чт, 2011, 16:57 
Ответить с цитатой  
Фелинолог

Примерно до 1,5 мес. Но корсет снимали периодически - все же тяжело ему в нем было.
Хотя Curl мне советовала держать его в корсете до 60 дней.

Профиль WWW  

Найти:
Перейти: